Interconnected Porosity

Ossifi Porosity

Ossifi offers the highest degree of 90% interconnected porosity. When Ossifi is placed in a bone defect, it only occupies 10% of the defect space leaving 90% of the space for regeneration of new bone. No other currently available biomaterial offers this degree of interconnected porosity. Unlike other xenogenic porous biomaterials where the pore size cannot be controlled and varies from batch to batch, the pore size of Ossifi is highly reproducible and constant. This reproducible interconnected porosity combined with a large granule innersurface area, provide the highest degree of osteoconductivity through clot stabilization, vascularisation, cell adhesion and penetration of host bone repair into the inner part of the graft material.